Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Terumi Comes to Town

Dedicated to Terumi & Bryant

Terumi and Charissa hadn’t seen each other in 11 years. I hadn’t seen Terumi in 11 evers.

After a little Italian festival of flavor, we walked around the 16th Street Mall and took these pictures:




Then we listened to Jonathan Waterman, a naturalist and adventurer, speak at the Tattered Cover. Bryant, you would have appreciated his slideshow and discussion of the effects of climate change and oil exploration on the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (and the surrounding area). I wanted to have him sign a copy of Where Mountains are Nameless—Passion & Politics in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge for you but my wife wouldn’t let me buy one. Something about me not having a job. Whatever.

A statistically unlikely event occurred at the presentation. Curious? Ask Terumi.

We talked about moving to Seattle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys look well slept.

I hope to join those ranks soon.

bryant said...

Wow. Thanks for the thought and dedication. I understand the unemployed bit.

If you are still unemployed and living in Colorado, or otherwise free, in august I am thinking about doing some 14ers. It would be fun if we could climb together again. Was it Snowmass we climbed together so many years ago?