Monday, August 08, 2011

|Christmas List (updated)

I talk about simplicity and denounce greed, but I'm really greedy. Instead of making my wish-list, I should just offer these catalogs instead:
But somehow my own unending list persists:

BOOKS--War and Peace
BOOKS--Christian (General)
BOOKS--Social Ethics
BOOKS--Economics + Business
BOOKS--Goverment + Politics
BOOKS--Miscellaneous
FILMS
GEAR, BIKES, INSTRUMENTS, TRAVEL... There really is no end. I am no different from every other middle-class punk who always has more to buy than money to spend.

For reflection:
Colossians 3:5
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.

Jeremiah 6:13
From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit.

No comments: