Friday, March 01, 2013

|Media Round-up

Special Delivery (Liz Clark, The Cleanest Line)
In the soft dusk, we could see all the family lined up ashore. They flashed their headlights and honked their horns, jumped up and down and waved madly, and we did the same. Slowly we drifted farther and farther away with the wind. We were both sad to have to leave so soon, but grateful that the weather had afforded us those precious 24 hours spent there. After half an hour had passed, we saw the lights of the cars heading home and turned to take on the passage ahead.
Time with family is a precious gift! Regardless of our lineage, I hope we will learn to treat each other like the One Great Human Family that we are!! One Love!
Dirtbag Diaries Podcast: Be Mine

Head Over Heels (video)

Bad sleep 'dramatically' alters body (James Gallagher)
The activity of hundreds of genes was altered when people's sleep was cut to less than six hours a day for a week.
What Happens to Your Body During a 30-Minute Run? (Jaylin Allen)

Our Common Waters: Every living thing has the right to clean water (Patagonia)

Steph Davis: Learning to Fly
When my marriage and my career unraveled simultaneously, I found myself slipping into a downward spiral of anxiety, fear and loss of faith as my world fell apart around me.

No comments: