(1) Reel Rock Tour. Reel Rock 8 will start touring in September: U.S. Schedule. Climbing.
"The REEL ROCK Film Tour brings the best climbing and adventure films of the year to live audiences throughout the world. REEL ROCK shows are high energy, community events that go beyond mere film screenings to include prize giveaways, athlete and filmmaker appearances, non-profit fundraising, and a party atmosphere."
(2) BMFF Radical Reels Tour. U.S. Schedule. Numerous action sports.
"Every year, the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival presents the wildly popular Radical Reels night – a presentation of the best high-adrenaline films entered into the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival competition."
This focuses on the action/adrenaline films presented at the BMFF. It includes climbing films such as those in the Reel Rock tour, but it also covers other adventure sports.
(3) BMFF World Tour. U.S. Schedule. Action sports plus other themes.
"The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour brings Banff to audiences around the globe. Immediately after the Festival ends in November, a selection of the best films go on tour across Canada, the United States, and internationally from Scotland to South Africa to China, Japan, New Zealand, Antarctica, and points in between. Each year, the films travel to 40 countries reaching more than 330,000 people at over 735 screenings."
This includes a broader range of films than is shown in the Radical Reels Tour--more animals, culture & conservation.
Events in IL, IN & MI
- October 26, Reel Rock, Ann Arbor MI, Planet Rock.
- October 05, Radical Reels, Grand Rapids, MI, Calvin College, 616-526-6282, email@example.com
- March 29-30, BMFF World Tour, Bloomington, IN
- April 03, BMFF World Tour, East Lansing, MI, Michigan State University Outdoors Club, 484-798-8650 (Brian Wolff), firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 04, BMFF World Tour, Grand Rapids, MI, Calvin College, 616-526-6282, email@example.com
- April 05, BMFF World Tour, Midland, MI, Chippewa Nature Center,
- April 06, BMFF World Tour, Ann Arbor, MI, U of Michigan Outdoor Adventure, 734-764-3967, firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 08, BMFF World Tour, Traverse City, MI, Vasa Ski Club, 989-245-2758, email@example.com
- April 11-12, BMFF World Tour, Chicago, IL, Mountain Gear, Inc.